So I found this dresser in my stash that I was never in love with due to the Mahogany colour. (Why are so many miniature furniture pieces in this old fashioned stain!)
Not withstanding it’s colour though, I though it might go well in the San Franciscan if it got a somewhat shabby make over. It has relatively good lines and is feminine enough for the look I am going for so I decided give it a paint job. 🙂
First I took the drawer knobs off with needle nose pliers.
Then I gave it a light sand and treated it with Easy Surface prep. It’s supposed to allow you to paint over stained wood. You apply it liberally and the wipe off the excess with a rag and let is cure for about 2 hours. To be honest I wasn’t that impressed with it’s effectiveness, but that could have been because my technique was terrible.. lol
Then I got a first coat of paint on it…. Yikes not so great.
Second coat below. Better but the drawers need more work.
Third coat… getting there but still need to do something with the drawers…. Not sure why the paint isn’t covering on them as well as elsewhere. My painting technique maybe? 🙂
While I was waiting for paint to dry between coats I made some perfume bottles for the dresser out of jewelry beads from spotlight. I won’t be using all of these but they are cute, no? 🙂
I will clean up the paint on the mirror after I have given the dresser a final coat. I actually quite like it now that it’s not mahogany. It still needs handles that I have on order. I’m not putting those gold pin heads back on!
I wanted to see it in the room for size which then made me decide to try out some wallpaper for the Master bedroom. This paper is scrapbook paper from spotlight. I like the pastel hue and modern look. It would only be on one wall as a feature wall. Not sure if I will use it but I do think it’s pretty.
The bed is one I made from cardstock loosely following a tutorial from Kris’1 inch minis. I didn’t have foamcore or mat board on hand so it’s very flimsy and just a place holder. 🙂 The mattress isn’t finished either, it still needs some piping around the top, which I have made but haven’t stuck on yet… Hmmm there is a pattern here of unfinished jobs. Must get to it!
Now I just need to find a little stool for the dresser. 🙂